The primary care division of UH, offers services to individuals in need of care. UH identified that individuals require care away from hospitals – for example in the safe environment of their own homes, especially if the individuals’ mobility is impaired. The two focus areas in this division are Home Health Care and Specific Nursing Procedures.
UH offer quality home health care services at the client’s home or chosen facility. This includes short and long term patient care. At registration for the services an evaluation of the client’s condition and requirements are made by a registered nurse. The applicable nurse is then placed according to the client’s need. This service is typically offered to those clients who are in need of nursing assistance at home after for example surgery, or a client who is too weak and needs assistance with basic care around hygiene, nutrition and mobility.
- 24 Hour quality home health services situated at the client’s home or facility
- Short & long term patient care
- Evaluation of the patients medical condition & requirements
- Monitoring and education of chronic and non-chronic disease
- Disease prevention and management
- Nursing procedures eg. Wound care
- Nursing staff replacement
With the introduction of managed care, however, medical insurers are becoming more aware of maintaining the individual’s health, thus decreasing the cost of prevention.